Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Review:Batman Arkham Asylum: A serious house on serious earth

Presentation: We all know that the arkham asylum game that dropped in 2009 was one the best comic book based games. this graphic novel is no different.

Story(no spoilers): the story is not based on the game .it's moslty flashbacks that tell the story of how the asylum came to be, and batman is once again faced with the joker, who after reading this comic i know is faaaar more complex as a character than he looks,and there are some familiar faces also: killer croc, zeus,the mad hatter...

Illustraion: the drawing can be described with two words: something else. You can see that the graphic novel's main purpose is to tell a story.It isn't very detailed wich threw me of at the begining but as i was reading i realised it's detailed enough to keep the story very thrilling.

Verdict:i give it a [7,5/10]. I liked mostly because of its orignality but i didn't like it that they rushed some of the fights.Point is : Read it if you can . it is soo worth it


(pardon some of the mistakes english is my third language)

23 comments:

Lizard said...

i liked this batman game, but thought spider-man 2 was the better comic book game.

mens said...

sound like a great game man!

Shaw said...

"the story is not based on the game"
I lol'd. Unless the developers of the game could time travel, it couldn't be. But the idea of Batman's rogue gallery taking over the asylum was obviously taken from this graphic novel. If they followed it more closely, I think the game might have been even better. Far more interesting story than "Joker has a super version of Bane's venom lol"

Hi said...

O man, I didn't even the enjoy the game that much, should i check this out?

Andy said...

Nice review. Never read the comic, but I loved the game.

Comic Book Club said...

@shaw i know i'm kinda new to the reviewing thing so if i make some mistakes sorry .will pay more attention next time . Promise

Miguel Sanchez said...

I haven't played this game, I have only played the first one but I have to give it a try.

Comic Book Club said...

it's a comic book guys.

Zakaka said...

wow, that looks seriously wicked...

Jandro said...

I gotta check the book out. thanks for reminding me about that =)

jrallen said...

Sounds intriguing, I've never really thought locking up a load of supervillains in the same place was the smartest idea though.

DIYgaming said...

Nice review.. always loved batman

cjk98 said...

The game is one of my all-time favorites. I may just read the comic because of my curiosity.

LinksZee said...

i never really read comic books but i just collected them. I dont have any batman ones though this one looks cool!

Wouter Flerig said...

Ah, batman, a classic!
good review man!

Tom Seahawk said...

I thought the scarecrow battles were really interesting

Alejandro said...

Exelent Game. Will check this comic book in a few weeks :D

menshans said...

Batman remains the man!

ChickenBittle said...

Great Review

Jack said...

maybe i'll read this, i've been getting into graphic novels recently

Steve from College DownTime said...

Just a general hint about your blog, you have to make the "previous posts" widget a bit wider, words are going vertical.

Comic Book Club said...

thx dude . see if its good now i put in the bottom

Chain said...

Didnt know there was a game for this book, maybe I should consider? :) followed

Post a Comment